Hashtag Realtalk with Aaron Bregg
Episode 69 - The State of Cyberinsurance in 2022
July 20, 2022
In this special Pre-Cloud Con episode we mix things up a little. Rather than joining me as a co-host, the Cloud Security Alliance of West Michigan's own Anthony Coggins, sits on the other side of the mic. He along with the ever knowledgeable Tim O'Connor, discuss the current state of cybersecurity insurance in 2022.
Anthony is the Senior Manager of the Security Operations Team at Grand Rapid's own rocket ship insurance company, Acrisure. Tim is the Manager of Knowledge Services at Cadre Information Security.
- What does the industry look like today and why does it look that way?
- What do you need to know when you are filling out the forms?
- Do customers truly understand the questions being asked
- Is the form an indicator of the maturity of the insurance carrier? (Tim talks about the differences in the 20+ insurance forms he has on his desk)
- Did you know you can carry supplemental insurance like Home and Auto insurance? (Anthony talks about Ransomware Supplemental Form)
- Is it true insurance carriers lower rates if you have 'X' cybersecurity solution in your ecosystem?
This episode is sponsored by Cadre Information Security. Cadre is a trust security partner based out of Cincinnati, Ohio and has been a long time supporter of the podcast. As always, parts of the sponsorship fee goes to Michigan charities.