Episode 53 - How to Mature Your Security Awareness Program
October 13, 2021
In this episode I sit down with Corwin Tobias, to take a deeper dive into maturing a Security Awareness program. Corwin is the Information Security Awareness Ambassador for Blue Yonder. I had the pleasure of working with Corwin when he was working on the Information Security Training Team for Spectrum Health.
- How to quip your staff to identify key risks
- Does an employee know what to do when they make a mistake?
- A Human Firewall sounds good but doesn't always work in real life because cyber criminals adapt
- What are some things that people get wrong about Security Awareness? (Information Security Compliance fallacies)
- What departments does information security frustrate the most? Why is it important to identify them?
- Metrics are more granular than you think? It's not all about volume